About Our Tutors
Tutoring Opportunities with The Literacy Corner
We are always seeking new contractors to add to our team of 25+ tutors. The individuals best equipped to tutor with us have at least two years of experience in teaching/tutoring and enjoy connecting with students experiencing learning challenges. Related degrees or certificates in education and/or linguistics, Orton Gillingham or ESL training, are definite assets. Please see our full list of qualifications below and contact Human Resources with your application.
(The ideal candidate will …)
● enjoy working with children
● have teaching or tutoring experience
● be very comfortable with modern communications/technology
● have an eagerness to learn new approaches/methods
● have post-secondary education or training
● have excellent grammar and spelling
● have use of a vehicle
● be able to teach online and in person
Note: Tutors with the following experience and background are encouraged to apply:
● Students specializing in Education, Linguistics and/or TESL
● EA’s and “Retiring” homeschooling parents
● Orton Gillingham trained tutors
We have tutors throughout the BC Lower Mainland including: Vancouver, Tri-Cities, Ridge Meadows, Surrey, Langley, Delta, and Fraser Valley Area. While we specialize in reading, some of our tutors also tutor in math and writing.
● love helping people learn
● like exploring and implementing ways of teaching that are interactive and fun
● if you are flexible, reliable and encouraging
● are available 3 to 4 days a week between 3 and 7pm for 8 hours a week or more ...then this could be a great fit for you!